Thursday, June 28, 2007

update

Part three of the Sichuanhua Primer will be up next week. Even though internet strangers don't seem to care much for sichunhua (so far I've had about three downloads of the files I put up), that's pretty much what I expected, and so I'm going to continue with the series.

Also, let me just apologize for the fact that the first few portions of this will be incredibly boring. Until I start posting dialogs I will not at all be interested in making this stuff interesting or fun--there's a lot of boring rules that have to be explained first, and I'm not one for pretending that boring rules can be made interesting. I always find that language books that simply list rules of the language are, if a little bland, at least far more useful than books that try to jazz up the rules and make them cool or fun. My goal with this part of the primer is really to make it as useful as possible for those few individuals interested in learning this dialect.

Also, in other news, I'm currently giving myself a crash course in html (it's all changed a lot since I made my last web page, sometime in high school), and so I will hopefully have a flashy new real web site put up at the end of the summer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home