Friday, July 13, 2007

in AMERICA

So, I'm back in the US for about three weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to recuperate from China and cool down and refresh the Chinese speaking portion of my brain (which during the last few weeks in Chengdu had melted and started leaking out my nose).

I'd also like to register and finish the design for my new site, which will hopefully be up by the end of the summer. My plans at present are to have separate sections for the blog and the fake news, and hopefully, eventually, a section with longer, article style posts.

***

Anyway . . .

Off the plane my first impressions are that America is sunny and full of air that is not composed mostly of solids. I like it here but I know already that I'll be very much ready to return to Chengdu by the end of the trip. Why? 1. The girlfriend 2. The food (god damn it sichuan food really is the best on the planet) 3. All that Chinese (it tires me out, but it sure is useful) 4. The job (well, really just the fact that I earn money, and actually have much more purchasing power in China than I used to in the US)

Needless to say, there will be no Sichuanhua Primer updates for the next three weeks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home